I don’t watch a lot of TV.
My first three favorite Television Series are older series which are no longer running
1. Stargate: Atlantis – Atlantis is a spin-off of the original Stargate: SG-1. The plot behind Stargate: Atlantis is some travelers from earth go through the star gate to Atlantis, in the Pegasus Galaxy. When they arrive on Atlantis they discover it is sitting at the bottom of an ocean, several hundred of feet water. The power supply, which sustains a shield over the city, holding back the ocean begins to fail. Finally, the shield for the City of Atlantis fails and the city rises from the depths of the ocean.
The entire series documents the Earth explorers struggles and triumphs as they meet new friends and trading partners in the Pegasus Galaxy, introduces two enemies the Wraith and Replicators.
Stargate: Atlantis ran for five seasons.
2. Firefly – Firefly is an American space western drama which follows a group of misfits who come together on a ship, called a “Firefly-class” spaceship, named “Serenity”. It documents their struggles as a crew to eek out a living on the outskirts of society. They also spend a lot of time trying to avoid a Government Controlled group called the Alliance.
Firefly ran for one season and was followed up with a movie “Serenity” based on the series.
Firefly ran for one season.
3. Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles – I was a big fan of this series because I had loved the “Terminator” movies. The premise is the same as the movies. Sarah Connor is trying to keep her son John Connor safe from future machines that want to destroy John because in the future he becomes a leader against Skynet.
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles ran for two seasons.
The last two series are currently running shows. I mainly watch this by default because my husband, Alpha Male really enjoys watching these two shows and typically I am planted on the couch, my computer on one of the end tables working on my blog, novel or other computer based projects.
1. The Big Bang Theory – is a sitcom that chronicles the lives of four nerdy scientists; Sheldon Cooper, Leonard Hofstadter, Howard Wolowitz and Raj Koothrappali, who live and work in Pasadena, California, along with their neighbor Penny.
2. How I Met Your Mother – is a sitcom the covers the lives of five friends; Ted Mosby, Marshall Eriksen, Robin Sherbatsky, Barney Stinson, and Lily Aldrin. The main idea behind the plot is from Ted Mosby’s perspective of telling his children how he met there mother.
After reading the book The 100 Thing Challenge: How I Got Rid of Almost Everything, Remade My Life, and Regained My Soul I have decided that part of my personal possessions would be my five season of Stargate: Atlantis.
Please share in the comments below one of your favorite television shows or series.